WGA 2023 Member Member for Sunday, October 15, 2023
Lantana WGA Member/Member
Friday, October 13th - Sunday, October 15th
2023 Member/Member Theme: Roaring 20's
Teams are encouraged to wear their Roaring 20's best each day of the tournament
Entry Fee: $400 per team
The 2023 Lantana Ladies Member/Member promises to be an incredible event filled with fun, camaraderie, spirited competition, and memories for a lifetime.
A special thank you to the WGA Board for all of their time, energy, and dedication to putting on a fabulous event!
- Friday, October 13th
- 6:00pm - Roaring 20's Great Gatsby Party Under the Market Lights
- Spouses Invited ($40 additional for dinner)
- 7:30pm - 2023 Member/Member Calcutta
- Calcutta will include both days of play
- Members may pre-buy their team for $350
- Saturday, October 14th
- 7:15am - Range opens
- 7:30am - Breakfast tacos available in main dining room
- 8:00am - Round 1: Shotgun Start
- Format: Holes 1-9 Shamble Format --- Holes 10-18 Modified Alternate Shot Format
- 1:00pm - Lunch and Scoring in the main bar and patio
- Sunday, October 15th
- 7:00am - Light continental breakfast available in main dining room
- 7:15am - Range opens
- 7:30am - Chipping Contest on Main Practice Green!!
- Winner will receive a new Titleist Vokey wedge of their choice
- 8:00am - Round 2: Shotgun Start
- Format: 2 Person Net Best Ball using 85% of handicaps
- 12:30pm - Scoring in main ball room
- 12:45pm - Lunch and Awards
- 1:30pm - Shootout on 18!!
- The shootout on 18 will feature the 3 flight winners and 2 wildcard teams competing for a $500 cash prize courtesy of the Lantana WGA.
- The shootout will be contested over three rounds with #18 converted into a par 3. The format will be alternate shot with partners rotating tee shots as they advance. The first round will eliminate 2 teams. The second round will eliminate 1 team. And the final round will crown the shootout champion.
- There will be no handicaps applied to the shootout.
Registration: Members MUST register with their member partner.
10 Shot Differential: This event maintains a 10 shot differential between partners. If teammates are more than 10 shots apart in their playing handicaps, the higher handicap player's playing handicap will be reduced to bring them to within 10 shots of their teammate's playing handicap.
Format: This is a flighted NET team event contested over 36 holes. Based on the number of entries, we anticipate fielding three flights.
- Saturday Format:
- Holes 1-9 will play as a Best Ball Shamble. Both players will hit a tee shot on each hole. The team will select the best tee shot and each player will then play their own ball for the rest of the hole. The team's score will be recorded using the best net score between the players. Handicaps are set at 65% of each players playing handicap for the Shamble format.
- Holes 10-18 will play as a modified alternate shot (also known as Greensomes). Both players will hit a tee shot on each hole. The team will select the best tee shot, and then alternate hitting shots until the ball is holed. Handicaps are set at 60% of the low handicap + 40% of the high handicap for the Modified Alternate Shot format.
- Sunday Format:
- 2 Person Best Ball. Both players play their own ball on each hole. The best net score between the players on each hole will be recorded as the team score. Handicaps will be set 85% of each individual's playing handicap per USGA recommended handicap allowance.
Tees and Handicapping: All players will play the red tees. Please reference handicap percentages for the different formats listed above.
Payouts: Cash awards for Calcutta and Shootout. Golf Shop credit will be awarded to 1st & 2nd in each flight.
Cancelation Policy: Any cancelations after Monday, October 9th will incur the full entry fee.